Saturday, August 20, 2016

My cup of coffee

Had a long 2-leg travel from Kuala Lumpur to Mumbai  on Malindo Air 1950hrs Friday and connecting Mumbai to Dubai on Jet Airways 0155hrs. Landed Dubai Terminal 1 at 0315hrs Saturday. Both flights were uneventful, smooth and had good sleep.

As you might notice that it's a crazy loop when direct KL Dubai flights are available. That's right!!! Sometimes these crazy routing happens due to my travel logistics. This time it was because my incoming trip was via Mumbai and doing the outgoing on a different airline was going to cost a whole lot more. So comes this combination.

Of course the immigration at Mumbai was puzzled trying to analyse what illegal business requires this kind of camouflaged travel! He still looked puzzled after my pathetic explanation about my route but stamped my passport anyway since I am a "Overseas Citizen of India" with a handful innocent business trips in and out of various Indian airports.
And I had no time to waste as I had used up most of my 115 available transit minutes and I was on the last reserve of 18 minutes before the boarding closes!!

Glad to have arrived Ibis One Central near World Trade Centre in Dubai. Checked in at 0430hrs. Unpacked my cargo load of stuff as this is going to be "home" for the next 4 weeks. Now having coffee watching the garden and having the long awaited break.

No comments:

Post a Comment